An increase in sale’s price and a reduction in time on market are often given as the top two reasons why listing agents love a staged home. But have you ever wondered why staged homes sell faster and at higher prices? We recently talked with our favorite stager – Beth Louer with Beth Louer Staging and Design – and discussed some of the these top reasons:
- Staged homes photograph better than non-staged listing and therefore attract more buyers both online and in print.
- Both buyers and inspectors view staged homes as well cared for properties.
- Staged homes are more likely to appraise for full value.
- Stages homes attract a broader range of buyers since they allow prospects to visualize a use for the space.
- Staging costs are seen as a selling expense and can be used as a tax deduction for some sellers.
For more insight into the power of home staging, check out the National Association of Realtors’ 2021 staging report. The infographic below highlights a few key takeaways from their findings.
And don’t forget, I offer complimentary home staging for all of my clients!