In a hot real estate market, many people wonder if they could sell their home For Sale By Owner (FSBO). After all, doing so could save them 3% of the sale price!
But in actuality, listing your home FSBO could actually cost you more money in the long run and lead to high levels of stress, anxiety, and legal mishaps.
Here are my top 5 reasons why using a listing agent with your home is invaluable:
1. The median price of homes listed by an agent sold for around 11% more than the median price of homes sold by owner.
2. 88% of home buyers use an agent when purchasing a home – giving buyers a strong advantage over FSBO’s when negotiating price, financing, concessions and repairs.
3. With the high percentage of agent represented buyers, agent-to-agent networking remains a powerful source of marketing only a listing agent can provide.
4. Disclosures, contingencies, due diligence, appraisals, inspections, surveys, financing, escrow…your home is your largest asset, do you want to risk jeopardizing it by managing a transaction you don’t have experience or training in?
5. And lastly, listing agents provide a level of security and peace-of-mind by pre-screening prospective buyers, scheduling showings, and coordinating inspections and services.